Be a Visiting College Student at Westmoreland.
You are considered a Visiting College student if you are currently enrolled at another college and are taking courses at Westmoreland County Community College. Visiting College students take Westmoreland courses to fulfill their home institution's degree requirements.
What should I do before I apply?
Before you apply to Westmoreland as a Visiting College student, please ensure your Westmoreland credits will transfer by checking with your home college's advisor or registrar.
- Verify with your home institution that the course you plan to take at Westmoreland will transfer to your home institution and meet the requirement you believe it will meet. Westmoreland cannot guarantee that a course you take will transfer to your home institution.
- Apply to Westmoreland - You will receive an acceptance email within three business days. You will receive separate emails with your Student ID, username, and initial password. Log in to the My.Westmoreland portal and set up your Westmoreland student email to receive ongoing updates from the College.
- Prerequisite Verification
- If the course you want to take at Westmoreland does not have a prerequisite, Proceed to Register for Classes
- If the course you want to take at Westmoreland does have a prerequisite:
- The Visiting College Student Prerequisite Verification Form acknowledges that you meet the prerequisites for the course. *Please note that Westmoreland’s approval to take the course does not imply that the course will transfer to your home institution. Please check with your home institution to verify that your Westmoreland credits will transfer prior to taking the course.
- Attach an unofficial transcript to the Visiting College Student Prerequisite Verification Form showing the successfully completed prerequisite. *Please note that Westmoreland will not award transfer credits for these courses; the unofficial transcript is for verification purposes only.
- Register for Classes
- Log in to the MyWestmoreland Portal to register for your classes. If you receive a "Prerequisite and Test Score Error'' when attempting to register please return to step 3 and complete the Visiting College Student Prerequisite Verification Form. For any questions, please contact the Information Center at 724 925-4000 or email@example.com.
- Review the Quick Guide for New Students for important information.
Request Consortium Agreement
Visiting college students are not eligible for financial aid through Westmoreland. A consortium agreement is a contract between two colleges and helps determine your financial aid eligibility. It also ensures that your financial aid is processed through your home institution.
Please request this agreement from your home institution, and send the completed agreement to Financial Aid via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Tuition and Fees
The tuition and fees must be paid by the first day of class for your enrollment to be complete. To pay your tuition, you may submit payment online through your My.Westmoreland portal, or sign up for a payment plan.
Purchase Your Books
You're almost ready! Now, it’s time to purchase your books and supplies online.
Request Your Official Westmoreland Transcript
After your final grades are entered for your Westmoreland courses, please request an official transcript to be sent to you home institution for transfer credit.