Safety and Security is Our Priority
If you require emergency assistance on the Youngwood campus, please dial 911 from any campus phone or your cell phone. At other Westmoreland locations, go to the front desk and ask them to call 911 or use your cell phone to call. Then, immediately notify Security by dialing 4250 from any campus phone or 724-925-4250 from any phone.
The Westmoreland County Park Police is a sworn, armed law enforcement agency and they are the primary law enforcement agency at the Youngwood campus. All inquiries about crime reports or services should be directed to them by calling 724-925-4250 or by stopping at their office in the Student Achievement Center, Room 515. They can also be reached via email at email@example.com.
The college maintains non-sworn contract security services at its other locations. They also patrol the Youngwood campus when classes are not in session.
The Westmoreland County Community College Security Department supports the purpose and goals of Westmoreland in its commitment to maintaining quality educational support services and an appropriate physical environment for learning. The Security Department strives to protect the Campus community and to provide a secure and conducive environment for the educational endeavors and work of students, faculty, and staff. We will accomplish our mission with impartiality and courtesy, fostering a feeling of safety and security, and providing quality services to all persons within our community
- To provide professional safety and security services to the college community.
- To be proactive and thus reduce the opportunity to commit crime.
- To facilitate the safe movement of people and vehicles through traffic enforcement resources.
- To educate the community on safety and security issues.
- To instill public confidence in the department by maintaining a high degree of professionalism, dedication and expertise in the development of security services.