We welcome international students to Westmoreland! There are several steps you must complete to be considered for admission:
- Provide proof of a valid passport.
- Submit official copies of secondary and/or post-secondary school transcripts (translated to English and the American college credit system). Refer to www.wes.org for transcript translation information.
- TOEFL score of 500 or higher paper based test/or TOEFL score of 61 on the internet-based test/or a score of 5 on the IELTS.
- Provide a statement of financial support for the entire period of enrollment.
- Apply to Westmoreland County Community College online.
- Provide proof that housing has been secured in the United States. Students will need to provide a copy of a lease or deed if they are renting/buying or a notarized letter if they are living with a family member/sponsor/friend.
- **If you are transferring to Westmoreland from another institution where you were on an I-20, you will need to complete the Transfer Status Form that can be obtained from the college upon request. The designated school official at your former institution will need to complete that form and return it to the designated school official at email@example.com.
Upon completion of all the above, the student will be recommended for the necessary
I-20 Form for obtaining a visa to the United States.
In addition, Westmoreland is a commuter college. Please be advised that Westmoreland does not have any dormitory facilities. It is the student’s responsibility to find housing and available transportation to the campus.
After the steps above have been completed, your transcript, test scores, and financial background will be reviewed and a decision will be made on admission. If you are accepted for admission to the college, you will receive an acceptance letter and a “Certificate of Eligibility” form (1-20) for immigration purposes.
The Admissions Office requires the following items:
- Official transcripts
- High school
- College (if applicable)
- TOEFL/IELTS scores
- Financial statement
- Westmoreland County Community College Application for Admission
Tuition & Fees – International Students (Per Semester)
- 12-18 credits: $6,669 to $7,011
- Lab fees range from $10-$25
The figure listed above is the minimum tuition cost for one semester; therefore, the minimum cost to attend Westmoreland for one year (two semesters) would be $13,338, excluding fees.
In addition, most students spend approximately $625 each semester for books and supplies. It is difficult to estimate a figure for living expenses (room and board) and the cost of transportation for one year, but a conservative figure would be $6,000. Therefore an international student would need approximately $20,588 for educational expenses for the academic year. Examples of additional costs would be airplane travel to the United States, personal expenses and medical expenses.
Westmoreland County Community College has no financial aid for international students. If financial aid is a concern or needed for attendance, we would encourage you to continue your search for institutions that support international students with financial aid.
Admission to Specific Programs
In addition to the general requirements, some programs have specific admission requirements. The requirements for the dental assisting, dental hygiene, EFDA, diagnostic medical sonography, nursing, medical assisting, radiology technology and phlebotomy programs all have additional requirements to fulfill, including a separate application.