International Students | Westmoreland County Community College, Youngwood, Pennsylvania

International Students

We welcome international students to Westmoreland!

Deadlines for F-1 Applicants

  • Fall semester- July 15th
  • Spring Semester- December 1st


  • Passport
  • Westmoreland Application
  • Acknowledgment of F-1 student responsibilities
  • An original, official or attested for, Secondary School and College/University transcript (if applicable) or record with an English Translation
    • Note: For Foreign College/University transcripts, a course-by-course evaluation should be completed. The evaluation should be processed by a curriculum translations organization that is approved by the the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (
      • Membership list here
    • Any diplomas, certifications, or comprehensive examinations should also be included.
  • English Language Proficiency Test- Official TOEFL/IELTS  scores should be submitted.
    • Minimum Scores are as follows:
      • TOEFL paper examination- 500 or higher
      • TOEFL internet based examination- 61 or higher
      • IELTS- 5 or higher
  • Financial Documentation- Official documents that state that you have the financial support to pay for two semesters (24 credits) of tuition and related expenses as well as living expenses. Acceptable documents include:
    • Bank Statements with a signature of a bank official on bank letterhead indicating that you have the financial support to cover the Annual Minimum Expenses list below, or an amount of $25,000, and that the account is in good standing.
      • Bank statements dating back 12 months could be requested
    • The above mentioned documentation from a person who agrees to be your financial sponsor and completes an Affidavit of Support.
      • Affidavit of Support- required to be notarized by a Notary of Public or first class magistrate if someone other than the student is financing their education.
  • Proof of secured housing in the United States. Students will need to provide a copy of a lease or deed if they are renting/buying or a notarized letter if they are living with a family member/sponsor/friend.
  • Proof of health insurance- The U.S .government does not provide health benefits to citizens or visitors nor does it have a uniform or universal healthcare coverage. Thus anytime any medical care is provided, someone has to pay for it. Thus medical insurance is required at Westmoreland County Community College as an F-1 student. Proof must be provided to the College of continuing healthcare coverage.
    • Research Options HERE

Transfer Students

Transfer students will need to provide the following in addition to the above documents:

  • F-1 Student Transfer Form
  • Copy of I-20 from current college or university
  • Copy of I-94
  • Current college or university transcript

Annual Minimum Expenses

  • Estimated Tuition and Fees per semester (estimate on 12 credits at out-of-state rate and does not include lab fees) = $7,086  
    • Annual = two semesters = $14,172
  • Books= $800
  • Cost of living (housing, food, transportation) = $9,000
  • Health Insurance = $1,000

New International Students

  • Set up My.Westmoreland email 
  • Meet with your academic advisor
  • Attend all international student orientations and meetings

Au Pair Students

Westmoreland County Community College offers au pairs an opportunity to fulfill their visa educational requirement by enrolling in non-credit classes. Learn more about Continuing Education.