Challenge Yourself in the Honors College
The Honors College at Westmoreland is the perfect fit for ambitious, engaged students who want to challenge themselves.
The Honors College Offers:
- Honors courses with smaller enrollment and experienced faculty members
- Opportunities for research, writing and experimentation
- Access to leadership training and community service projects
- Ability to participate in the Westmoreland Honors Ambassador Program
- Honors Seminar
- Designation of honors course work on your transcript
- Access to scholarships that are exclusive to honors students
- Enhanced transfer opportunities for those who plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree
- Recognition of your accomplishment at Commencement
Admission to the Honors College
Westmoreland believes there are many attributes that lead to success. Therefore, there are multiple ways to be considered for the Honors College:
- Strong academic performance as represented by a 3.25 high school or previous college grade-point average.
- Alternatively, you may submit evidence of a particular area of interest or strength that you wish to develop by submitting a short written explanation along with (optionally) any other evidence you have (photographs, recordings, portfolios, newspaper clippings, etc.)
The Honors College at Westmoreland is for students who want more and are willing to put forth the effort it takes to succeed. The Honors College program is inclusive of thinkers, hard workers and bright minds seeking mentorship, supportive motivation and an opportunity to lead through success. If this is the program for you, apply today!