Public Safety Training Center
The Westmoreland-Public Safety Training Center is designed to serve as the premiere source for keeping the region's first responders up-to-date with essential skills by providing realistic fire service, rescue, hazardous materials, emergency medical services and law enforcement training.
The center is home to a variety of credit and continuing education programs, including:
- Rescue Training
- Hazardous Materials Training
- Law Enforcement
- Police Academy
- Lethal Weapons Programs
- Emergency Medical Services
Located in South Huntingdon Township, the PSTC is situated on a 167-acre site that is isolated but very accessible by Interstate 70, the Pennsylvania Turnpike and airports.
The facility features a two-story Class A burn building and six-story tower with an attached residential building that simulates industrial, commercial and residential structures. Also on site are an administration/classroom building, outdoor firing range, rope rescue and confined space rescue areas, structural collapse area, chlorine railcar, ponds and additional training props.
65 Public Safety Drive
Smithton, PA 15479
From Interstate 70 W (New Stanton and PA Turnpike, exit 75)
- Take I-70 W eight (8) miles from New Stanton to the Smithton exit (no. 49)
- Exit then turn LEFT at the stop sign
- Proceed 1 mile to Fitz Henry Road
- Turn RIGHT onto Reduction Road
- Proceed 1 mile to the PSTC entrance on the left
From Interstate 70 E (Belle Vernon and I-79)
- Proceed on I-70 E to the Smithton exit (no. 49)
- Exit and turn LEFT at the stop sign
- Continue straight onto Fitz Henry Road and follow the directions above