Apprenticeship & Employee Training
Based on industry demand, Westmoreland is offering the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Apprenticeship program. Students can complete this four-year program in 18-week semesters held during the fall and spring.
Participants will earn their Journeyman certificate through the Department of Labor & Industry upon successful completion.
As an Apprenticeship participant, your organization can expect:
- Nearly 600 hours of industry-vetted technical instruction led by our subject matter experts,
- 2,000 hours per year of on-the-job training at a company worksite monitored by Westmoreland,
- Valuable skills gained in a wide array of technical areas such as electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics & welding, plus soft skills,
- Hands-on skills training that mimics industry processes, and
- Evening classes held once a week at Westmoreland's Advanced Technology Center in Mount Pleasant, PA.
Tuition reimbursement may be available!