Westmoreland's Tutoring & Learning Services offers testing services for makeup exams and can monitor exams for other institutions.
Testing Times (subject to change)
- Monday 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Thursday 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. & 11 a.m.
- Saturday (limited and by appointment only)
Summer hours for testing services will vary.
Appointments are required at least 24 hours prior to testing. A current Westmoreland student identification card is required to test in the area or a current valid driver’s license can be used along with the student’s Westmoreland ID number.
Students should arrive with only their identification card, a pencil, and/or any materials that are specifically stated on the test cover sheet submitted by the instructor.
Enforcement of the Academic Dishonesty Policy will be observed by the staff. Students who have been found responsible for violating the policy may not be permitted to test in the testing room for the remainder of the academic school year.
Students wishing to take an exam at a Westmoreland education center should contact the center directly to inquire about testing policies.
Exams for Other Institutions
Tutoring & Learning Services can monitor exams for other institutions for a fee of $35 that must be paid at the time of the exam. Only check or money orders made payable to Westmoreland County Community College will be accepted. Acts of academic dishonesty will result in a forfeit of the monitoring fee and no refunds will be given.
The college cannot administer standardized exams that require extensive verbal instruction and multiple start/stop times throughout the length of the examination. Testing will be at the discretion of the college and pre approval is required. Westmoreland reserves the right to accept or decline the request to monitor an exam, and, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, to cancel a testing session.
- Call the college at 724-925-4135 to request an exam to be monitored.
- Contact your school and provide them with the necessary information for Westmoreland
to monitor the exam.
- Name/credentials of monitor*
- Westmoreland contact information
- Westmoreland address
- Testing policies
- Hours of operation
- Westmoreland should receive approval from the institution at proctorFREEWESTMORELAND including any forms that need to be completed (if applicable).
- Once our office has received the exam, the student must then make an appointment to take the exam.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early for your appointment.
- Bring whatever form of identification your school has specified as acceptable.
- No items are permitted within the testing room other than what has been specified on the exam.
- Cupboards without locks are available to store other materials or belongings.
*Monitors for exams will vary and include all full-time Tutoring & Learning Services staff.