Makeup and Proctored Testing
Westmoreland's College Learning Center offers testing services for makeup exams and can proctor exams for other institutions. The College Learning Center is located inside the Business and Industry Center (BIC) on the Youngwood campus.
- Monday 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Tuesday 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 5 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Thursday 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 5 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. & noon
- Saturday 8 a.m. & 10 a.m. (FALL & SPRING only)
Appointments are required at least 24 hours prior to testing. A current Westmoreland student identification card is required to test in the CLC. No other form of identification will be accepted.
Students should arrive with only their current Westmoreland student identification card, a pencil, and/or any materials that are specifically stated on the test cover sheet submitted by the instructor.
Enforcement of the Academic Dishonesty Policy will be observed by the CLC staff. Students who have been found responsible for violating the policy will not be permitted to test in the CLC for the remainder of the academic school year.
Students wishing to take an exam at a Westmoreland education center should contact the center directly to inquire about testing policies.
Exams for Other Institutions
The CLC can proctor exams for other institutions for a fee of $30 that must be paid at the time of the exam. Only check or money orders made payable to Westmoreland County Community College will be accepted. Acts of academic dishonesty will result in a forfeit of the proctoring fee and no refunds will be given.
The college cannot administer standardized exams that require extensive verbal instruction and multiple start/stop times throughout the length of the examination. Testing will be at the discretion of the college and preapproval is required. Westmoreland reserves the right to accept or decline the request to proctor an exam, and, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, to cancel a testing session.
- Call the college at 724-925-4135 to request a proctored exam.
- Contact your school and provide them with the necessary information for Westmoreland
to proctor the exam
- Name/credentials of proctor
- Westmoreland contact information
- Westmoreland address
- Testing policies
- Hours of operation
- Westmoreland should receive approval from the institution at firstname.lastname@example.org including any proctor forms (if applicable).
- Once the CLC has received the exam, the student must then make an appointment to take the exam.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early for your appointment.
- Bring whatever form of identification your school has specified as acceptable.
- No items are permitted within the testing room other than what has been specified on the exam.
- Coin/key release lockers are available that require a quarter to secure other materials or belongings.