Who is Eligible for the College Now! Program?
- According to Westmoreland policy, all College Now! students must be high school juniors
or seniors, or the home-school equivalent.
- Exceptions may be made for high school freshman and sophomore students or home-school equivalent students who are able to exhibit readiness for college-level coursework. High school freshmen or sophomores will be treated on a case-by-case basis; they must be approved by the high school administration and the Westmoreland Vice President of Enrollment Management.
- Students must apply for admission to Westmoreland and identify themselves as College Now! students. They must meet all course prerequisites as outlined in the current Westmoreland catalog available at westmoreland.edu.
- College Now! program consists of two programs:
- Early College - classes taken online or at a Westmoreland location (see Early College page for specific information & requirements)
- College in the High School or Dual Enrollment - classes held at the high school (see College in the High School page for more specific information & requirements)
- Students are responsible for all tuition and fees (based on residency) before classes begin or make arrangements for an approved college payment plan.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.5 or above to be eligible for any College Now! program.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 or above in all Westmoreland courses to continue in the program.
- Students may be responsible for purchasing textbooks for Westmoreland courses. Textbooks will be determined by high school faculty for College in the High School courses and by Westmoreland faculty for Early College.
- Students may not register for:
- Auditing courses
- Directed study courses
- Courses for which prerequisite courses are listed and are not successfully completed
- Courses taken from other colleges/universities and repeated as dual enrollment
- Courses/programs that have specific admission requirements (ex: nursing, dental hygiene, etc.)
- Credit by examination
- Courses where age is a factor
What if a student does not meet the criteria for eligibility for the College Now! Program?
Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria for College Now! programs may petition the Westmoreland Director of Enrollment Management. The petition MUST be in writing and submitted at least three weeks prior to the semester start date of the semester that the student wishes to attend. Late petitions will not be considered. Students will need to explain clearly why they should be considered for exception to the eligibility requirements.