High School Students Can Earn College Credit
The College Now! program allows qualified high school juniors and seniors to engage in post-secondary courses and/or credentialing while simultaneously completing their high school requirements for graduation. The program enables students to challenge themselves to be career and college-ready. Students will be enrolled in both the high school and Westmoreland County Community College.
College Now! offers three different ways to get started:
- College in High School (Dual Enrollment) - Students take college classes taught at the high school
- Early College - Students take college classes at any one of our Westmoreland locations or online
- High School Academies - Students take a career or college track within their chosen Career Pathway. Courses are offered in scheduling blocks that fit alongside students’ high school courses. Students take classes at either the Advanced Technology Center or the Youngwood campus.
Benefits of College Now!
- Students are better prepared for college by experiencing college academics early
- Credits earned may transfer to four-year colleges and universities
- Career-ready students can earn certificates and stackable credentials
- Industry certifications may mean pay increases in less time for career-ready students
- Students can earn a college degree in less time and at a lower cost