High School Students Can Earn College Credit
The College Now! program allows qualified high school juniors and seniors to engage in post-secondary courses and/or credentialing while simultaneously completing their high school requirements for graduation. The program enables students to challenge themselves to be career and college-ready. Students will be enrolled in both the high school and Westmoreland County Community College.
College Now! offers two different ways to get started:
- College in High School - Students take college classes taught at the high school
- Early College - Students take college classes at any one of our Westmoreland locations or online
Benefits of College Now!
- Students are better prepared for college by experiencing college academics early
- Credits earned may transfer to four-year colleges and universities
- Career-ready students can earn certificates and stackable credentials
- Industry certifications may mean pay increases in less time for career-ready students
- Students can earn a college degree in less time and at a lower cost