Healthcare and Emergency Services
Westmoreland offers a variety of noncredit classes in healthcare and emergency services. Many of the classes satisfy requirements for professional CEUs.
American Heart Association Courses
The following courses are taught at the College according to AHA guidelines and regulations:
- Heartsaver First Aid
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
- Heartsaver CPR AED
- Basic Life Support (BLS) full course and renewal
- Basic Life Support Instructor Course
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) full course and renewal*
- Pediatric Cardiac Life Support (PALS) full course and renewal*
*Classes are eligible for Nursing CEUs
Dental CEUs for License Renewal
Sample courses offered:
- Local Anesthesia for the Dental Professional
- Informative Dental Posters
The Nurse Aide program is offered each semester and is normally completed in 8-9 weeks.
Prepare to be an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) by developing competencies in the following skills:
- Bag-Valve-Mask Ventilation of an Apneic Patient
- Bleeding Control/Shock Management
- Cardiac Arrest Management/AED
- Joint Dislocation Immobilization
- Long Bone Fracture Immobilization
- Ventilation with Supplemental Oxygen
- Patient Assessment/Management of a Trauma Patient and a Medical Patient
- Spinal Immobilization (both seated and supine patient)
- Supplemental Oxygen Administration to a Breathing Patient
- Traction Splinting
- Upper Airway Adjuncts and Suction
The curriculum follows the National EMS Education Standards. Upon successful completion of the course, students are eligible to take the national registry exam.
Ready to Register?
- See the Continuing Education schedule
- Call Telephone Registration at 724-925-4204 or 1-800-262-2103 ext. 4204 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.