Become a Student Ambassador
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Westmoreland County Community College.
Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, serve as Westmoreland representatives and perform duties at various campus and community events. Student Ambassadors also perform duties within Student Services including the front desk, Admissions and Student Life where they act as a first point of contact to visitors, both by phone and in person.
Have a question? Ask an Ambassador!
What does a Student Ambassador do?
- Welcome and greet public at Student Services
- Provide various services and referrals to the campus
- Develop an expanded knowledge of Westmoreland County Community College
- Conduct campus tours for new students, schools, classes and guests
- Represent Westmoreland County Community College during college events
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events put on by various Westmoreland County Community College departments
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student
- Maintain the Student Services area's appearance and professionalism
- Assist with variety of office related tasks
- Attend required trainings
- All other duties as assigned
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours of service per semester
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
As a Student Ambassador, you will develop a wide range of transferable skills that will benefit you. Employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service!
Student Ambassadors will gain leadership skills that will help build your resume, university and scholarship applications. You will earn letters of recommendations, get connected to and serve your campus and help students and the community learn more about Westmoreland County Community College.
Becoming a Student Ambassador
- Must be a currently enrolled at Westmoreland County Community College
- Be a recipient of the President, Trustees Meritorious, or Westmoreland Leadership Scholarships
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 12 credits
- Must have a quarterly and cumulative GPA of at least 2.25
- Position has a one academic year commitment. (Fall-Spring)
- Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline and enthusiasm
Student Ambassadors ...
- Are positive
- Excel at communicating with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Have WOLFPACK Spirit
- Are open to learning new things
- Have a commitment to diversity and cultural pluralism
- Will be able to sign up for all jobs and events at signup.com
To apply, please complete the Student Ambassador Application and Questionaire.
For questions or more information, contact: Ashlea Lee, Coordinator of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.