Start at Westmoreland, Transfer to the 4-Year College of Your Choice | Westmoreland County Community College, Youngwood, Pennsylvania

Start at Westmoreland, Transfer to the 4-Year College of Your Choice

Westmoreland County Community College offers students planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a four-year college or university an affordable and convenient way to complete their first two years of study.

Students in the Associate of Arts, Associate of Fine Arts and Associate of Science degree programs work with a transfer counselor to design a program that will readily transfer to most institutions without loss of credits and including core general education requirements.

Courses taken at Westmoreland transfer to more than 100 bachelor’s degree programs at more than 40 colleges and universities.

transfer agreement list

Virtual Transfer Meetings

We currently offer virtual meetings for students interested in transferring. Click the link for more information. Westmoreland's transfer counselor, Maria Loffredo, is also available for online meetings during this time. Email her at loffredomFREEWESTMORELAND.

virtual transfer meetings

How the Transfer Program Works:

Step 1

  • Complete required developmental courses you may need to take
  • Select a major
  • Meet with a Westmoreland transfer counselor
  • Consider the type of transfer experience you want:
    • Majors offered
    • Size and environment (urban, rural, etc.) of the school
    • Distance from home
    • Costs

Step 2

  • Review any articulation agreements and guides that Westmoreland has with 4-year institutions
  • Attend the next Transfer Fair to speak with representatives from schools you are most interested in
  • Schedule visits to transfer schools
  • Narrow your list of transfer schools to three

Step 3

  • Meet with a Westmoreland transfer counselor to plan your remaining coursework at Westmoreland:
    • Plan for financial aid (if applicable) at your 4-year institution
    • Find scholarship opportunities to assist with costs

Step 4

  • Send your application(s) to the 4-year institution(s)
  • Pay the required deposit (if applicable) to your transfer institution
  • Be sure that your financial aid application is submitted by filling out or amending your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

University Transfer