The Voice of the Student Body
The Student Government Association (SGA) is the representative voice of the student body. Executive board officers, representatives and senators promote the rights and interests of students. Every student of the college becomes a non-voting member of the Student Government Association upon payment of their general fee.
The executive board is composed of a student president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, communications officer and events coordinator. Executive board officers are appointed following the application and interview process of the SGA appointment committee. Representatives are also appointed officials whose role allows them to represent specific demographics of students. These include the student body representative and education center representatives.
Any student enrolled in a credit program at the college may be eligible to become a SGA senator provided he or she follows attendance guidelines as stated in the Student Government Association Constitution.
The purpose of the Student Government Association is to:
- Encourage superior standards in academics, leadership, loyalty, honesty and mutual respect.
- Provide an effective means for students to express their wishes on matters directly concerning them and the college.
- Encourage student participation and generate student spirit through supporting college, student organization, and co-curricular activities.
- Act in the best interest of the study body at all times and encourage activities of a social, educational, community service and cultural nature.
- Provide a means of communication and representation among the student body, the Student Government Association, student organizations, faculty and the administration of the college.
- Approve and recognize all student organizations on campus.
- Oversee expenditures of student fee funds allocated to the SGA.
- Carry out the provisions of the SGA Constitution.
Regular meetings of the SGA are held bi-weekly on Mondays at 3 p.m.
Current members of student organizations can access important information, including forms and meeting information, by clicking here.
Meet the Executive Board:
Julia Jumper – President
- Major: Baking & Pastry and Restaurant/Culinary Mgmt, AAS
- Graduation: May 2020
- Member of: Softball, Volleyball, Bowling & Golf
Amber Kuhns – Communications Officer
- Major: Photography, AAS
- Graduation: May 2021
- Member of: ACT 101, Anime Club, Campus Activities Board, National Society of Leadership & Success, Phi Theta Kappa, PRISM, Writers Guild, Work Study - Food for Thoughts Student Pantry
Victorian ‘Torie’ Haenel – Events Coordinator
- Major:Communications Design, AAS
- Graduation: May 2020
- Member of: Campus Activities Board, Phi Theta Kappa, PRISM, & Student Ambassador
Chelsey Gasparovic: Student Body Representative
Who is Chelsey Gasparovic?
I, Chelsey Gasparovic, am YOUR Student Body Representative! To get to know me a little better: I am a Culinary Arts/Baking & Pastry Major, and a Student Athlete! In addition, this is my third semester at WCCC, and I am striving for greatness!! Also, I graduated from Norwin High School in 2018, and have been in the Pennsylvania Army National Guard for two years! I would LOVE to get to know you better!!
What is a Student Body Representative?
The SGA (Student Government Association) Student Body Representative is YOUR vote! As your Student Body Representative, I voice the overall students opinions in all voting matters within the Student Government Association. For example, if the Student Government is voting on a specific change for the school, my vote would represent and benefit the entirety of the Westmoreland Student Body, to include all students, on all campuses, including online students!
Why does it matter?
If YOU have any concerns, questions, comments, etc. on ANY matter that deals with WCCC, you can contact me to address it! I can bring it up at an SGA meeting (held every other Monday at 3-4 p.m. in SAC 734), or I can help to assist you in any way possible! Without your opinions, and ideas, nothing would change to benefit the students!!
When am I available?
My office hours are posted outside of the SGA office in the Student Achievement Center, typically served on Wednesdays from 12-2 p.m. If you cannot make it to speak with me during my office hours, I am ALWAYS available to speak via email, which you may reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.