The Voice of the Student Body
The Student Government Association (SGA) is the representative voice of the student body. Executive board officers, representatives and senators promote the rights and interests of students. Every student of the college becomes a non-voting member of the Student Government Association upon payment of their general fee.
The executive board is composed of a student president, vice president, secretary, treasurer and communications officer. Executive board officers are appointed following the application and interview process of the SGA appointment committee. Representatives are also appointed officials whose role allows them to represent specific demographics of students. These include the freshman, sophomore and education center representatives.
Any student enrolled in a credit program at the college may be eligible to become a SGA senator provided he or she follows attendance guidelines as stated in the Student Government Association Constitution.
The purpose of the Student Government Association is to:
- Encourage superior standards in academics, leadership, loyalty, honesty and mutual respect.
- Provide an effective means for students to express their wishes on matters directly concerning them and the college.
- Encourage student participation and generate student spirit through supporting college, student organization, and co-curricular activities.
- Act in the best interest of the study body at all times and encourage activities of a social, educational, community service and cultural nature.
- Provide a means of communication and representation among the student body, the Student Government Association, student organizations, faculty and the administration of the college.
- Approve and recognize all student organizations on campus.
- Oversee expenditures of student fee funds allocated to the SGA.
- Carry out the provisions of the SGA Constitution.
Regular meetings of the SGA are held bi-weekly on Mondays at 3 p.m.
Current members of student organizations can access important information, including forms and meeting information, by clicking here.
Meet the Executive Board:
Julia Jumper – President
- Major: Baking & Pastry and Restaurant/Culinary Mgmt, AAS
- Graduation: May 2020
- Member of: Softball, Volleyball, Bowling & Golf
Zachary Hursh – Vice President
- Major: Liberal Arts, AA
- Graduation: December 2019
- Member of: Phi Theta Kappa
Amber Kuhns – Communications Officer
- Major: Photography, AAS
- Graduation: May 2021
- Member of: ACT 101, Anime Club, Campus Activities Board, National Society of Leadership & Success, Phi Theta Kappa, PRISM, Writers Guild, Work Study - Food for Thoughts Student Pantry
Victorian ‘Torie’ Haenel – Treasurer
- Major:Communications Design, AAS
- Graduation: May 2020
- Member of: Campus Activities Board, Phi Theta Kappa, PRISM, & Student Ambassador