The Voice of the Student Body
The Student Government Association (SGA) is the representative voice of the student body and the main governing body of all student organizations. The organization aims to promote the rights and interests of students at Westmoreland. SGA includes an executive board (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, communications officer and events coordinator) and hosts regular General Assembly meetings that include representatives from the various recognized student organizations. SGA members serve on various campus committees and also oversees the Campus Events Committee.
The purpose of the Student Government Association is to:
- Encourage superior standards in academics, leadership, loyalty, honesty and mutual respect.
- Provide an effective means for students to express their wishes on matters directly concerning them and the college.
- Encourage student participation and generate student spirit through supporting college, student organization, and co-curricular activities.
- Act in the best interest of the study body at all times and encourage activities of a social, educational, community service and cultural nature.
- Provide a means of communication and representation among the student body, the Student Government Association, student organizations, faculty and the administration of the college.
- Approve and recognize all student organizations on campus.
- Oversee expenditures of student fee funds allocated to the SGA.
- Carry out the provisions of the SGA Constitution.
Current members of student organizations can access important information, including forms and meeting information, by clicking here.