Scholarships Can Help You Achieve Your Goals
Each year alumni, friends, community members and corporate partners give funds to the Westmoreland County Community College Educational Foundation to provide scholarships for students. Any new or returning, credential-seeking student is eligible to apply for foundation scholarships.
- Each scholarship has specific criteria for eligibility and all applications require the completion of an essay.
- Please complete the general application and any scholarship-specific application you may be recommended to complete. Log into the application using the same username and password you use for the MyWestmoreland portal.
- All applications must be accompanied by a completed FAFSA.
- You will need a copy of your high school transcript.
- The information you provide on the general application is matched to all available scholarships.
- The Financial Aid office will notify scholarship recipients through their Westmoreland email.
- Scholarship awards are applied directly to the recipient’s student account for tuition, fees and bookstore costs.
Foundation scholarship recipients will be asked to:
- Acknowledge receipt of your acceptance letter
- Write a thank-you letter to the donor(s)
- Remain in good academic standing and continue to meet the specific criteria of the scholarship. A scholarship will be cancelled if the recipient no longer meets the criteria.
The Westmoreland County Community College Educational Foundation deadline is July 1, 2021. Most Foundation awards require FAFSA completion.
The Westmoreland County Community College President’s and Trustees’ Meritorious scholarships deadline is March 15, 2021.
The Edward Hutchinson Memorial Firefighter Scholarship will open on January 25, 2021. You must have a 2021-2022 FAFSA on file no later than July 1, 2020. Please note that you now only need to complete one application per academic year for this award.
Students are also encouraged to seek and apply for scholarships that may be available from external sources. The college is not affiliated with these external groups/organizations. In most instances, you should not have to pay to apply for a scholarship.