Commencement 2021 is scheduled for Friday, May 7
Westmoreland County Community College is proud of all our graduates and we are looking forward to celebrating their accomplishments. We will honor our graduates with a Grad Walk at the Student Achievement Center on the Youngwood campus on Friday, May 7, 2021.
We will continue to update this page with details but you must apply for graduation and complete the RSVP form for the Grad Walk or you will not be able to attend. The application for graduation is below. ALL STUDENTS that apply for Graduation by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 2 will be included in the Grad Walk program. All students who apply for graduation after this date can still RSVP for the Grad Walk and attend, but will not be included in the program. The deadline for the RSVP form is Monday, April 19 at noon.
Please read the details and check back frequently for updates.
Have you applied for Graduation? Please review these requirements:
- Complete the requirements for your program of study as listed in the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment or any subsequent catalog including the current one.
- Earn at least 50 percent of credential requirements at Westmoreland County Community College under faculty instruction and evaluation. This does not include transfer credits, credits awarded for CLEP and other standardized exams, credit by exam or portfolio. *
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or better in all course work required and maintain a 2.0 average or better in the major.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college.
- File an application for graduation. The deadline to be included in the Grad Walk program is Friday, April 2 at 5 p.m. All applicants after that date may still RSVP for the Grad Walk, but their name will not be included in the Grad Walk program.
- If you plan to attend the Westmoreland Grad Walk on May 7, please complete this RSVP form. The deadline for the RSVP form is Monday, April 19 at noon. The form must be submitted by that date and time in order to plan properly for the Grad Walk. The dates for Cap and Gown pick up are listed below.
Cap and Gown Pick Up
If you completed your application for graduation and an RSVP form for the Grad Walk 2021, then you should plan to pick up your cap, gown and tassel at the Science Hall Amphitheatre, located inside the Science Innovation Center on the Youngwood campus. The following schedule is available for all students:
- 4/20 from 4 - 6 p.m.
- 4/21 from noon to 2 p.m.
- 4/22 from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 3 - 5 p.m.
Diploma Pick Up
Degrees, diplomas and certificates for Fall 2020 graduates are currently available for pick in the Eberly Foundation Enrollment Center office. The office will be open on the following days:
- Mondays and Thursdays - 2-4:30 p.m.
You should stop by the Eberly Foundation Enrollment Center in the Student Achievement Center on the Youngwood campus. Please be prepared to show identification when picking up your diploma.
If you cannot pick up your diploma during any of the above listed dates and times, you can:
- Send someone to pick up your degree, diploma or certificate (accompanied with a written authorization signed by you).
- Have your degree, diploma or certificate mailed to you for a fee of $25. To use this service, please call the Information Center at 724-925-4000 to make the $25 payment. Payment can be made by using VISA, MasterCard or Discover.
- Have your credential sent to one of our education centers. There is no charge to have it sent to the center. To do this, please email the Information Center and select which education center to send it to. We continue to work remotely so once the credential arrives at the designated center, the center director will be in contact with you to set up a time for you to pick it up at the center.
Please note that all financial obligations to the college must be paid before any credential can be released.
We are pleased to offer you our online transcript ordering service. Transcripts that reflect your official graduation following the Summer 2020 term will be available starting on Monday, August 3. It's easy to order and it only costs $10.25. There may be some delays due to COVID-19 business changes. If you would like to order a copy, please click here.
Notes: Those who fail to meet graduation requirements must notify the Records Office to reactivate their graduation files. You can still apply for Graduation. Developmental courses (those courses which have course numbers below 100) carry no quality points, may not be used to meet graduation requirements and will not transfer to all senior institutions.
In 2020, we honored our graduates with a video commencement. Our students persevered and made their dreams possible and we honored their accomplishments. If you would like to watch our event and relive this proud moment, you can watch it via YouTube below. It is also on the college's Facebook page .