Commencement is Right Around the Corner
Westmoreland County Community College will hold its annual commencement ceremony on Friday, August 21, 2020 at the Youngwood campus.
We will continue to post updates on the ceremony so check back frequently for more information.
Planning for Graduation
Graduation is a very important step in your future. Your AMBITIOUS journey started at Westmoreland and we hope that you continue to find success and happiness in your career choice.
In order to make sure you are ready for graduation, please review the requirements below and complete them in a timely manner.
- Complete the requirements for your program of study as listed in the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment or any subsequent catalog including the current one.
- Earn at least 50 percent of credential requirements at Westmoreland County Community College under faculty instruction and evaluation. This does not include transfer credits, credits awarded for CLEP and other standardized exams, credit by exam or portfolio. *
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or better in all course work required and maintain a 2.0 average or better in the major.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college.
- File an application for graduation.
- Upon confirmation of you meeting graduation requirements, please watch your Westmoreland email for commencement updates including the date of cap and gown pickup, parking instructions, details on tickets and more. You must also complete the RSVP FOR COMMENCEMENT form that is featured below. The link will take you to a form that is needed for graduation. Please complete this FORM once you have received your graduation confirmation.
Please note, those who fail to meet graduation requirements must notify the Records Office to reactivate their graduation files.
Diploma Pick Up:
Diplomas for graduates will be available for pick up beginning Monday, September 14 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. You should stop by the Eberly Foundation Enrollment Center in the Student Achievement Center on the Youngwood campus. For your convenience, we are also able to ship your diploma to a center that is closer. Please contact Elaine at 724.925.4210 or email her your request and include DIPLOMA REQUEST in the subject line if you would like to have your diploma shipped to one of our centers including Indiana County, Fayette County, Latrobe, New Kensington and Murrysville at no charge.
We are pleased to offer you our online transcript ordering service. Transcripts that reflect your official graduation following the Spring 2020 term will be available starting on Monday, May 18. It's easy to order and it only costs $10.25. There may be some delays due to COVID-19 business changes. If you would like to order a copy, please click here.
*Note that developmental courses (those courses which have course numbers below 100) carry no quality points, may not be used to meet graduation requirements and will not transfer to all senior institutions.