Applying for Graduation and Information for Recent Graduates
Have you applied for Graduation? Please review these requirements:
- Complete the requirements for your program of study as listed in the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment or any subsequent catalog including the current one.
- Earn at least 50 percent of credential requirements at Westmoreland County Community College under faculty instruction and evaluation. This does not include transfer credits, credits awarded for CLEP and other standardized exams, credit by exam or portfolio. *
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or better in all course work required and maintain a 2.0 average or better in the major.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college.
- File an application for graduation.
Notes: Those who fail to meet graduation requirements must notify the Records Office to reactivate their graduation files. You can still apply for Graduation. Developmental courses (those courses which have course numbers below 100) carry no quality points, may not be used to meet graduation requirements and will not transfer to all senior institutions.
Diploma Pick Up
Degrees, diplomas and certificates for Spring 2021 graduates are currently available for pick in the Eberly Foundation Enrollment Center office. The office will be open on the following days:
- Monday through Thursday - 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
You should stop by the Eberly Foundation Enrollment Center in the Student Achievement Center on the Youngwood campus. Please be prepared to show identification when picking up your diploma.
If you cannot pick up your diploma during any of the above listed days and times, you can:
- Send someone to pick up your degree, diploma or certificate (accompanied with a written authorization signed by you).
- Have your degree, diploma or certificate mailed to you for a fee of $25. To use this service, please call the Information Center at 724-925-4000 to make the $25 payment. Payment can be made by using VISA, MasterCard or Discover.
- Have your credential sent to one of our education centers. There is no charge to have it sent to the center. To do this, please email the Information Center and select which education center to send it to. We continue to work remotely so once the credential arrives at the designated center, the center director will be in contact with you to set up a time for you to pick it up at the center.
Please note that all financial obligations to the college must be paid before any credential can be released.
2021 Commencement and Grad Walk
In 2020, we honored our graduates with a video commencement. Our students persevered and made their dreams possible and we honored their accomplishments. If you would like to watch our event and relive this proud moment, you can watch it via YouTube below. It is also on the college's Facebook page .