Commencement is Right Around the Corner
Westmoreland County Community College will hold its annual commencement ceremony on Friday, August 21, 2020 at 6:00 via a video presentation. We will honor our graduates as we continue to maintain our focus on the success of our students and their safety during these uncertain times.
We ask that you continue to check our website for details including a link to the commencement presentation on Friday, August 21.
Cap and Gown Pick-up - Week of August 10 and August 17 at the Science Innovation Center Amphitheater on the Youngwood campus.
- 8/10 - 3 - 5 p.m.
- 8/11 - 1 - 3 p.m.
- 8/17 - 5 - 7 p.m.
Cap and gown pick up wil be available for students that completed their Application for Graduation and the RSVP form indicating they had planned to attend graduation. We will provide several dates and times for Cap and Gown pick up. Size Chart
Once you have your regalia, we ask that you join in our celebration by snapping photos and posting them on social media using #westmorelandgrads.
Please note, those who fail to meet graduation requirements must notify the Records Office to reactivate their graduation files. You can still apply for Graduation.
Diploma Pick Up -
Diplomas for graduates will be available for pick up beginning Monday, September 14 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. You should stop by the Eberly Foundation Enrollment Center in the Student Achievement Center on the Youngwood campus. For your convenience, we are also able to ship your diploma to a center that is closer. Please contact us via email and include DIPLOMA REQUEST in the subject line if you would like to have your diploma shipped to one of our centers including Indiana County, Fayette County, Latrobe, New Kensington and Murrysville at no charge.
Transcript Availability -
We are pleased to offer you our online transcript ordering service. Transcripts that reflect your official graduation following the Summer 2020 term will be available starting on Monday, August 3. It's easy to order and it only costs $10.25. There may be some delays due to COVID-19 business changes. If you would like to order a copy, please click here.
Graduation Requirements -
- Complete the requirements for your program of study as listed in the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment or any subsequent catalog including the current one.
- Earn at least 50 percent of credential requirements at Westmoreland County Community College under faculty instruction and evaluation. This does not include transfer credits, credits awarded for CLEP and other standardized exams, credit by exam or portfolio. *
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or better in all course work required and maintain a 2.0 average or better in the major.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college.
- File an application for graduation.
- Upon confirmation of you meeting graduation requirements, you must also complete the RSVP FOR COMMENCEMENT form that is featured on this page. The link will take you to a form that is needed for graduation. All applications confirmed by July 31, 2020 will be eligible for Cap and Gown pickup.
*Note that developmental courses (those courses which have course numbers below 100) carry no quality points, may not be used to meet graduation requirements and will not transfer to all senior institutions.