Applying for Graduation and Information for Recent Graduates
Grad Walk 2022 was an incredible day. We hope that all of our graduates had a great day. Please feel free to watch the 2022 ceremony. You can do this via the link below.
Congratulations Graduates! Good luck on your AMBITIOUS JOURNEY!
Have you applied for Graduation? Please review these requirements:
- Complete the requirements for your program of study as listed in the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment or any subsequent catalog including the current one.
- Earn at least 50 percent of credential requirements at Westmoreland County Community College under faculty instruction and evaluation. This does not include transfer credits, credits awarded for CLEP and other standardized exams, credit by exam or portfolio. *
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or better in all course work.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college.
- File an application for graduation.
Notes: Those who fail to meet graduation requirements must notify the Records Office to reactivate their graduation files. You can still apply for Graduation. Developmental courses (those courses which have course numbers below 100) carry no quality points, may not be used to meet graduation requirements and will not transfer to all senior institutions.
The RSVP deadline for the Graduation Walk is Friday, April 22 at 4 p.m.
Our Commencement will be a Graduation Walk again this year. Our 2021 graduates loved the experience so we are planning it again this year. Check in for the Walk begins at noon and the Grad Walk begins at 1 p.m. You and your guests will line up and complete the Grad Walk together.
Cap and Gown Pick Up
Cap and Gown pick up will be in the Amphitheater inside the Student Achievement Center on the Youngwood campus. There are multiple days that you can pick up your cap and gown. You will be able to try on sample gowns and chose the one that is best for you. Then you will receive your cap and gown pre-packaged. You will also receive your tassel that is to be worn on your cap. The RSVP form needs to be completed by 4 p.m. on Friday, April 22 in order to make arrangements for pick up. And as a reminder, in order for your name to appear in the Commencement program, please submit your application for graduation by APRIL 1, 2022.
- Day 1 - Tuesday, April 12 from Noon - 2 p.m.
- Day 2 - Wednesday, April 13 from 10 a.m. - Noon
- Day 3 - Thursday, April 21 from 4 - 6 p.m.
- Day 4 - Friday, April 22 from Noon - 2 p.m.
Diploma Pick Up
Degrees, diplomas and certificates for Fall 2021 graduates are currently available for pick in the Eberly Foundation Enrollment Center office. The office will be open on the following days:
- Monday through Thursday - 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday -8 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4 -5 p.m.
You should stop by the Eberly Foundation Enrollment Center in the Student Achievement Center on the Youngwood campus. Please be prepared to show identification when picking up your diploma.
If you cannot pick up your diploma during any of the above listed days and times, you can:
- Send someone to pick up your degree, diploma or certificate (accompanied with a written authorization signed by you).
- Have your degree, diploma or certificate mailed to you for a fee of $25. To use this service, please call the Information Center at 724-925-4000 to make the $25 payment. Payment can be made by using VISA, MasterCard or Discover.
- Have your credential sent to one of our education centers. There is no charge to have it sent to the center. To do this, please email the Information Center and select which education center to send it to. We continue to work remotely so once the credential arrives at the designated center, the center director will be in contact with you to set up a time for you to pick it up at the center.
Please note that all financial obligations to the college must be paid before any credential can be released.
2021 Commencement and Grad Walk
In 2020, we honored our graduates with a video commencement. Our students persevered and made their dreams possible and we honored their accomplishments. If you would like to watch our event and relive this proud moment, you can watch it via YouTube below. It is also on the college's Facebook page .