Gain Advanced Skills in Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
Westmoreland offers a degree in addition to a certificate in Expanded Functions Dental Assisting.
EFDA classes are held on Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:30-9:00 p.m.
Expanded Functions Dental Assisting, AAS
Registered dental hygienists or dental assistants can climb the career ladder by completing this program, which provides the necessary education to broaden the scope of practice. Graduates of the EFDA program are qualified to take the Pennsylvania Certification Exam for EFDA. The program includes lab experience in the college campus facility and clinical experience in a dental office. View the AAS degree in the College Catalog
Expanded Functions Dental Assisting, Certificate
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Place and remove rubber dams
- Place and remove matrices and wedges
- Apply cavity liners and bases
- Place and condense amalgam restorations
- Carve and contour amalgam restorations
- Place and finish composite resin restorations
- Place sealants
- Perform coronal polishing
- Perform a fluoride application
Basic Application Process - Health Professions
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission to
- Download the Expanded Functions Dental Assisting AAS Application Checklist or the Expanded Functions Dental Assisting Certificate Application Checklist for details on additional requirements.
- Complete and submit a Health Professions Programs Application
- Submit official transcript from all secondary schools attended, graduate equivalency degree (GED) programs and any other formal educational program beyond high school.
- Application Deadline: January 12 prior to fall start
- Acceptance Notification: Mid-March