Associate of Science Degree in Computer Science
Students interested in pursuing a career in the computer field and planning to complete a bachelor’s degree at a four-year school will consider the Computer Science AS degree. It is a mathematics-oriented degree designed to meet General Education requirements at local four-year institutions.
What Will I Learn?
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Translate scientific, engineering and other technical problems into formulations which can be processed by the computer
- Apply knowledge of advanced mathematics to prepare logic diagrams and encode resulting equations for processing
- Demonstrate competency in critical thinking, writing, information literacy, oral communication and quantitative reasoning
The AS in Computer Science is aligned with the recommendations of the Transfer and Articulation Oversight Committee (TAOC). Students who successfully complete this degree may enroll in parallel Bachelor degree programs at TAOC colleges and universities as juniors (third-year students).
Four-year institutions have specific transfer requirements. Transfer requirements will vary from institution to institution (TAOC and non-TAOC). Please, verify transferability with your transfer institution, and consult with the Westmoreland transfer counselor and your faculty advisor for more information.
TAOC Four-Year Colleges and Universities
PA State System of Higher Education
- Bloomsburg University of PA
- California University of PA
- Cheyney University of PA
- Clarion University of PA
- East Stroudsburg University of PA
- Edinboro University of PA
- Indiana University of PA
- Kutztown University of PA
- Lock Haven University of PA
- Mansfield University of PA
- Millersville University of PA
- Shippensburg University of PA
- Slippery Rock University of PA
- West Chester University of PA
Other Pa. Colleges & Universities
- Cabrini University
- Carlow University
- Geneva College
- Lackawanna College
- Lincoln University