Frequently Asked Questions



What will the Reverse Transfer Program do?

This program will provide an opportunity for students who have transferred from a community college in Pennsylvania to a State System university to receive an associate’s degree once they earn a total of at least 60 credits.


Who will be eligible to participate in this program?

Students who began their post-secondary education at a community college in Pennsylvania and earned a minimum of 45 credits, including AP, CLEP, Credit by Exam, and Military Credits, before transferring to a State System university, from which they have earned at least 15 additional credits, excluding remedial and developmental credits.


Are there grade requirements?

The student must have earned a minimum GPA of 2.0 while attending community college within the last five years. The student also must have earned a GPA of 2.0 or higher at the State System university. Only grades of “C” or higher will transfer back to the community college.


How will students know they are eligible to participate in this program?

Students meeting the initial criteria (earning 45 credits at a community college) will be identified upon completion of the minimum of 15 additional credits at the State System university. The university will contact the eligible students and invite them to participate in the Reverse Transfer Program once they have completed the minimum of 60 cumulative credits, then a second time at the end of the next semester.


Who will determine a student’s eligibility for receiving an associate degree?

The community college will review the eligible student’s transcripts and make that determination. It will use upper-level courses to fulfill the community college’s degree requirements when applicable. It also may determine if a student is eligible for an associate's degree in a program other than the intended program of study, based on courses completed at the State System university.