Types of Financial Aid

Types of Federal Student Aid:


Federal Grant Information 

A Federal Pell Grant does not need to be repaid. Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s degree or a professional degree. Amounts can change yearly. For the 2017-2018 award (July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018), the maximum award is $5,920. Determination of a student’s award is based on completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The CPS calculates a student’s EFC based on the 2015 tax data, number in college and number in family. The financial aid office will adjust the Federal Pell Grant based on the student’s enrollment. 

You are not eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant if you are incarcerated in a federal or state penal institution or are subject to an involuntary civil commitment upon completion of a period of incarceration for a forcible or non-forcible sexual offense. 

Pell Lifetime Limit 

Effective July 1, 2012, a student can receive no more than 12 semesters or the equivalent of approximately six years. The Department of Education will notify you when you are getting close to your limit. The Financial Aid staff will assist the student if there are any questions about Pell Lifetime Limit.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) 

To receive an FSEOG grant, the student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who are eligible to receive the Federal Pell Grant and demonstrate the highest need, will receive the FESOG fund. FSEOG funds are awarded to the highest need-based students at $400.00 per academic year. Students must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for funding.

Types of State Student Aid:

Why should you have an Account Access account?

  1. Complete a PA State Grant Form
  2. View State Grant Status
  3. Update Enrollment Info

To request reconsideration of State Grant eligibility based on special family circumstances, or to update enrollement data, select the proper form from link below. Refer to submission deadlines found on each form. Go to www.pheaa.org, select the funding opportunites then state grant program and forms