Online Student Support Center
Westmoreland County Community College values the experience that our online students have. Please refer to the following resources to help with your ambitious online journey.
All students enrolling in online courses at Westmoreland County Community College are enrolled in an online orientation course to learn how to use Blackboard Learn. Blackboard is a learning management system that serves as your online classroom. Additionally, the following resources are available for support:
Student success support:
Students are encouraged to take advantage of services that are designed for online learners. Westmoreland County Community College provides the following tools to assist with your success as an online student.
- Brainfuse online tutoring: Brainfuse provides one on one online tutoring and supplemental resources to all students at the college. Students can access this service by logging on to Blackboard: https://wccc.blackboard.com/. On your homepage, look for Tools. Select Brainfuse from the list of options.
- Online student orientation: Students registered for online courses are also enrolled in an online orientation that helps in navigating Blackboard. Practice submitting assignments, posting discussions, and completing quizzes. Look for “orientation” under “my courses” when logged in at https://wccc.blackboard.com/.
- Practice in a Blackboard course shell: If you are considering online courses, or even if you are already a distance learner, our practice course shell gives you a space to learn more about how online learning spaces operate. Try it here.
- External proctoring: On occasion, students may be required to take an exam in person. Students can test at any Westmoreland location, or they can locate a test proctor in their own community if they are too far from Westmoreland. Follow the external proctor request procedures to arrange for your testing. Procedures here.
- Online Bookstore: Online students may purchase course materials, including laptops, cameras, and headphones, via our online bookstore. Items can be shipped directly to you, please check our inventory here.
- Online academic advising: Students who are taking online courses, or who cannot come to campus, may request academic advisement meetings via web conferencing. Students may meet via video chat with a counselor to discuss their courses, create a schedule or to develop an academic plan. To request a web conferencing appointment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To best participate in these sessions students should have access to a web camera.