Quick Guide for New Students

Student Portal

Use this website to find answers for many of your most frequently asked questions, to get campus announcements, email your instructors, and for academic, registration, financial aid and payment information in Web Advisor for Students. Go to My.Westmoreland.edu and log-in by clicking on “What is my Username?”

College Catalog 

Look through your online college catalog to find all programs of study, the classes you’ll need to take, course descriptions, maps, plus so much more!


Once you are registered for classes, you’ll receive a registration statement in the mail. You can pay by check or credit card by mail, and by credit card by phone or online in Web Advisor. In person payments can be made in Student Services, Founders Hall, Room 130, or in person at your local off-campus center. Failure to pay this bill on time may result in your classes being deleted.

Go to the Tuition and Feeswebpage or more information.

Financial Aid

To apply for financial aid or if you have questions, please review this overview of the financial aid process and also visit our financial aid website. You must complete an application for aid called FAFSA.

You may also stop in the Financial Aid office, FH, Room 130 or call 724-925-4063.

Buy/Rent Books

Westmoreland offers three convenient options for students to get their books for classes:

  • Buy/rent books online (additional shipping fee required)
  • Visit the bookstore at the Youngwood Campus (bring your student photo ID and copy of class schedule)
  • Order books online to be shipped to your center for free! 

More information is available on the bookstore website 

Student Services Support Assistants

Student Services Support Assistants are available in the Placement Assessment office in Founders Hall, Room 555, or at some off-campus centers to administer the placement assessment and register you for first semester classes.

The SSSA’s also provide you with information and resources to help you successfully enroll and begin classes at the college. For more information call 724-925-6893.


Counselors are available in Student Development, FH, Room 130, or at some centers to help you with academic advising, career planning, transfer information, and also for students with disabilities that may require academic accommodation. These services are free and confidential!

To make an appointment call 724-925-4121. More information is available at the counseling website.

Transfer Process

If you are planning to transfer to a 4-year college or university, you should schedule to meet with a counselor in Student Development or at your local center before your second semester.


Don’t wait until the last minute to schedule classes for next semester! Learn the name and contact info of your advisor. Go to the MyWestmoreland Portal, click on Web Advisor, Academic Profile, then My Profile. Then meet with your advisor to discuss your program and classes for the next semester. Early advising & registration occurs in March and October. 


Tutoring is available for free! Request a tutor at Youngwood’s College Learning Center, FH, Room 565 or at the main counter at your local center.

More information is available on our tutoring website.