Welcome to Westmoreland County Community College! Students are invited to schedule their placement assessment and educational planning session as soon as:
- The Application for Admission is complete. APPLY HERE
- Admissions receives the following documents as applicable: High school transcript, GED scores, SAT or ACT scores and college transcripts. Call 724.925.4077 for more information.
Placement assessment includes review of the following:
- Evaluation of high school transcripts, GED score reports, college transcripts and SAT/ACT scores may be used to determine course placement
- In some cases, certain academic skill checks will be administered to determine a student's skill level in reading comprehension, sentence skills, algebra and mathematics.
The educational planning session includes:
- Discussion of the student's life goals, an overview of academic programs and placement into courses based on the above academic criteria
- Registration for classes in the upcoming semester
- New students will also be provided important information about the college website, student portal, payment options, bookstore and campus resources.
- Students who have an associate or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university may be exempt from the academic skill checks upon receipt of college transcripts.
- Visiting college students and transfer students may also be exempt from the academic skills checks upon receipt of college transcripts that validate satisfactory completion of prerequisites in reading, composition and mathematics.
- Students not seeking a degree are required to take the academic skills check after the completion of 12 credits in order to continue their enrollment.
Preparing for your placement assessment & educational planning session
- Be sure that your high school transcript, GED score, SAT/ACT score report or college transcript is received by admissions before scheduling your Placement Assessment and Education Planning Session
- Students are encouraged to prepare for the assessment by reviewing the following web sites:
- Review the most current program information for your career path by viewing the 2017-18 College Catalog online.
Scheduling your placement assessment and educational planning session
- Appointments are available by directly calling the Westmoreland location of your choice:
- Youngwood: 724.925.6893 (Walk-ins are also welcome! Founders Hall, Room 555, Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Murrysville: 724.327.8090
- Fayette County: 724.437.3512
- Indiana County: 724.357.1404
- Latrobe: 724.925.8473
- New Kensington: 724.335.8110
- Students who require accommodations due to a disability should call 724.925.4000, extension 3053, to discuss specific needs.