- According to Westmoreland policy, all College Now! students must be high school juniors or seniors, or the home-school equivalent.
- Exceptions may be made for high school freshman and sophomore students (those under the age of 16) or home-school equivalent students who are able to exhibit readiness for college-level coursework. High school freshmen or sophomores will be treated on a case-by-case basis; they must be approved by the high school administration and the Westmoreland vice president for Enrollment Management.
- Students must apply for admission to Westmoreland and identify themselves as College Now! students. They must meet all course prerequisites as outlined in the current Westmoreland catalog available at westmoreland.edu. This may require students to complete placement testing.
- Students are responsible for all tuition and fees (based on residency) before classes begin or make arrangements for an approved college payment plan.
- College Now! students are enrolled in both college and high school and thus will be limited to nine (9) credits per semester. Exceptions may be made up to 12 credits on a case-by-case basis and the submission of a recommendation from a teacher or counselor/advisor.
- Individual school districts may set additional requirements for student eligibility.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.5 or above to be eligible for any College Now! program: Dual Enrollment, Early College, or High School Academies.
- At the student’s request, the counselor/home evaluator/principal must submit an on-line permission form.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 or above in all Westmoreland courses to continue in the program.
- Students must register for classes by the following dates:
- Fall Term: October 1
- Spring Term: February 15
- Students must obtain and certify parental/guardian confirmation at time of application.
- Students may be responsible for purchasing textbooks for Westmoreland courses. Textbooks will be determined by high school faculty for Dual Enrollment courses and by Westmoreland faculty for Early College and High School Academy courses.
- Students may not participate in extracurricular activities (clubs, sporting activities, driving school, etc.) during the scheduled class meeting times.
- Students may not register for:
- Auditing courses
- Directed study courses
- Courses for which prerequisite courses are listed and are not successfully completed
- Courses taken from other colleges/universities and repeated as dual enrollment
- Courses/programs that have specific admission requirements (ex: nursing, dental hygiene, etc.)
- Credit by examination
- Courses where age is a factor
All faculty, whether Dual Enrollment, Early College, or High School Academies, must meet Westmoreland’s established faculty hiring criteria/standards.
What if a student does not meet the criteria for eligibility for the College Now! Program?
Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria for College Now! programs may petition the Westmoreland Director of Admissions. The petition MUST be in writing and submitted at least three weeks prior to the semester start date of the semester that the student wishes to attend. Late petitions will not be considered. Students will need to explain clearly why they should be considered for exception to the eligibility requirements.