What is SOAR?
SOAR (Students Occupationally and Academically Ready) is built upon Programs of Study developed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE). These career and technical education programs of study include a statewide articulation agreement between secondary schools and postsecondary institutions. In most of the counties WCCC serves, the secondary schools which offer SOAR programs are housed at local Career and Technology Centers.
Articulation Agreement-competencies taught in a Program of Study at the secondary level aligned to a program of study offered at WCCC which awards college credit.
Benefits of SOAR
- Saving Money on College Tuition
- Saving Time by Shortening College Attendance
- Getting on the Right Career Pathway
- Entering the Job Market Ready
- Getting a Consistent Education
More information is available on SOAR programs at the PDE website.