College Mission Statement
Westmoreland County Community College improves the quality of life in the communities we serve through education, training and cultural enrichment.
Westmoreland County Community College is recognized as a premier institution of higher learning focused on student success, workforce development, economic growth and cultural experiences.
- Teaching and Learning: We are committed to excellent instruction and lifelong learning.
- Innovation and Creativity: We are committed to creativity, new ideas and the advancement of art, culture and technology.
- Equity and Inclusion: We are committed to an educational and workplace environment where all are treated with dignity and respect.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: We are committed to cooperation within our college and to strong relationships with employers, school districts and other community partners.
- Accountability and Integrity: We are committed to high, ethical educational standards.
- Social Responsibility and Stewardship: We are committed to principles of service and good citizenship.
The 2017-2020 strategic plan, which uses a balanced scorecard approach, concentrates on four goals: becoming more student focused; improving systems and processes to achieve operational excellence; aligning the college culture with Westmoreland’s values by empowering employees and providing the systems they need; and placing the institution on firm financial footing to deliver on the long-term promise of the mission.
Past Strategic Plans