The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) requires that postsecondary institutions participating in federal student aid programs make certain disclosures to students. The following information is disclosed to you as a student at Westmoreland County Community College in compliance with federal law.
Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
Students are notified annually of the easiest ways to find institutional and financial aid information that pertains to them, including information that is made available on the Westmoreland website, My.Westmoreland Portal and in the college catalog.
Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Prospective and current students can obtain assistance in obtaining institutional or financial aid information by emailing Admissions@westmoreland.edu or calling 724.925.4077
General Institutional Information
Teacher Preparation Program Report
Westmoreland County Community College does not prepare teachers for initial state certification or licensure and is, therefore, not required to submit a Teacher Preparation Program Report.
Student Financial Assistance
Health and Safety
Student Outcomes and Student Right-To-Know Act
Student Complaint Process
Procedure for resolution involving grades and academic issues:
The following procedure is recommended for those instances in which a student has an academic concern.
- The student should make an appointment with the faculty member to discuss the problem.
- If the student feels that he/she cannot meet with the faculty member, he/she should seek the advice of his/her faculty advisor and/or counselor.
- If he/she has seen the faculty member and is still not satisfied, the student should make an appointment with the division dean to whom the faculty member reports.
- If the concern is not resolved at the division level, the student should make an appointment with the vice president of Academic Affairs.
- If the concern is still not resolved after meeting with the vice president of Academic Affairs, the student may request an appointment with the president, The decision of the president in these matters is final.
The college expects students to maintain high standards of academic integrity in all college courses.
After the complaint has been reported to all of the above parties, and it is still not resolved, the student may submit the complaint to the Pennsylvania Department of Education by clicking here.
A student who has a financial aid complaint must report the issue to the Director of Financial Aid. A student who has an advising, counseling or student life complaint must report the issue to the Director of Student Success. A student who has an athletics complaint must report the issue to the Director of Athletics. A student who has an admissions complaint must report the issue to the Registrar.
If no resolution can be reached after the initial report to the appropriate director, the student must submit the complaint to the Vice President of Enrollment.
If the issue is still not resolved, the student may submit the complaint to the Pennsylvania Department of Education by clicking here.
Equity in Athletics Report
Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act)
Register to Vote!