Westmoreland County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3642 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 215-662-5606. To obtain or review our accreditation, visit www.msche.org or click here.
This Commission on Higher Education is an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Programs at the college are approved by the Pennsylvania State Department of Education for veteran's educational benefits. In addition, the following programs carry specific accreditation/approval by certifying/accreditation organizations:The Baking and Pastry program, Culinary Arts programs and Food Service Management program are accredited by the ACF (American Culinary Federation) Accrediting Commission, a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. To review our accreditation certificates, click here.
- The Dental Assisting program and the Dental Hygiene program are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. To review our accreditation letter, click here.
- The Nursing program has full approval status by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. It is also accredited by the The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850; Atlanta, Georgia 30326; Phone: (404) 975-5000. To review our accreditation, click here and visit www.acenursing.org.
- The Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), on recommendation of the Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (AAMAE).
Effective immediately, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) has a new address. Our telephone number remains the same. Please update your records.
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
Phone: 727.210.2350; FAX: 727.210.2354
To review our accreditation, click here
- The AAS DMS General Specialty program is accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33756; 727.210.2350; www.caahep.org with the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS), 6021 University Boulevard, Suite 500, Ellicott City, MD 21043; 443.973.3251; www.jrcdms.org. Review our accreditation certificate here and our accreditation letter here.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at Westmoreland County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of The Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The program has been placed on Probationary Accreditation as of November 17, 2017.
This reflects the most current information about Westmoreland County Community College and does not constitute a contract between the student(s) and Westmoreland. The college reserves the right to amend any provisions or requirements at any time. Admission to Westmoreland acknowledges notice and acceptance of the college's reservation of this right.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Westmoreland County Community College will not discriminate in its educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, ancestry, union membership or any other legally protected classification.
Announcement of this policy is in accordance with state law including the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act and with federal law, including Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Inquiries should be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer (presently Sylvia Detar) at 724.925.4190 or in Room 4100D, Westmoreland Business & Industry Center, Youngwood, PA 15697.