It is an exciting time at Westmoreland - graduation is just around the corner!
While your ambitious journey through college is coming to an end, a new one is just beginning! We want to make sure this special season is everything you want it to be. Check this page for updates and important information over the next few months.
Ready to graduate in May? There are a few things you need to do first:
- Complete the requirements for your program of study as listed in the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment or any subsequent catalog including the current one.
- Earn at least 50 percent of credential requirements at Westmoreland County Community College under faculty instruction and evaluation. This does not include transfer credits, credits awarded for CLEP and other standardized exams, credit by exam or portfolio.
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or better in all course work required and maintain a 2.0 average or better in the major.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college.
- File an application for graduation by March 27, 2018. In addition to being online, applications are available at the Student Success Center in Room 130, Founders Hall. Processing takes about 8 weeks.
Those who fail to meet graduation requirements must notify the Records Office to reactivate their graduation files.
*Note that developmental courses (those courses which have course numbers below 100) carry no quality points, may not be used to meet graduation requirements and will not transfer to all senior institutions.
Save the Date: Commencement 2018
Westmoreland's 47th annual commencement will take place on Friday, May 4, 2018 at 6 p.m. in the Founders Hall gymnasium. A reception for graduates and their guests will be held immediately following. Details about tickets will be coming soon! If you are unable to attend Commencement, you can still apply for graduation.
Cap and Gown Pick-up
You may pick up an academic commencement cap and gown free of charge in the Founders Hall Student Center, Room 457. A staff member will assist you in selecting the proper size. You will need to know your height.
- When: April 17-19, Noon-6 p.m.
- Where: Green Room/Student Lounge
Questions? Call the Student Life Office at 724-925-4132.