An On-site Work Experience Directly Related to Your Career Goals and Interests
Benefits of Completing an Internship/Practicum
- Gain valuable work experience
- Experience the day-to-day job duties you can expect to encounter in your chosen field
- Develop specialized skills related to your field and transferable skills
- Transferable skills include: communication, teamwork, critical thinking and more
- Learn from supervisors and professionals in your field of interest
- Gain confidence in your knowledge and abilities
- Network with professionals in your field
To learn more about internships/practicums and other work-based learning opportunities, contact the CCC and your faculty advisor.
In addition to securing a site to complete your experience at, you will be required to:
- Complete the Internship/Practicum Application
- Complete a Learning Contract that outlines your specific goals and must be approved by the site supervisor, your faculty advisor, and the CCC
- Receive confirmation of receipt of liability insurance from the CCC
- The CCC must receive a certificate of liability insurance from the college insurer or from your employer if you have a paid internship
The CCC and your faculty advisor will be able to assist you with this process.