Welcome Faculty and Staff
The Career Connections Center offers a variety of ways to work together with the faculty and staff at Westmoreland County Community College to meet the career needs of our students via services, programs, resources, and communications.
Articles and Resources
- Internships: Gateway to Opportunity or an Obstacle for Low-Income Students?
- Colleges find new ways to help students put their education to work
Refer a Student
Thank you for taking time to focus on your student’s career development needs. We are happy to help either by consulting with you directly or by meeting with a student you have referred.
Career Connections staff assist students in all stages of their career planning and decision-making process. The assistance provided by the team is different from that provided by academic and pathways advisors; we do not assist the student with selecting specific courses to meet academic requirements.
Career Connections team members focus on helping students develop a personal strategy to meet their career goals beyond their current degree program through:
- Uncovering their skills, interests and values. Focus2 (Career Assessment) is one way to accomplish this
- Providing career information to assist the student with career readiness related decisions
- Effectively articulating skills learned both in and outside the classroom
Assisting students with polishing resumes or cover letters
- Creating a job or internship search strategy
- Preparing for interviews
- Connecting to professional networks
Career Connections is located at Youngwood, in its temporary home, Student Achievement Center 850. Our career connector will be roving around campus to engage with students, or can arrange to meet with them in a meeting room in the Enrollment Center until the Phase III construction is finished.
ATC faculty, you can refer to Diane Metz, M.Ed, Career Planning Coordinator.
However, with some advanced planning, we can meet you or your student(s) at all of the other centers.
To refer a student for individual career advising, contact us:
Youngwood (SAC 850 & 855)
- Sue Keppler, M.Ed, Coordinator: email@example.com or call 724-925-4058
- Donna Long, Technician: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-925-4054
- Sam Gouldner, Career Connector: email@example.com or call 724-925-4278
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | Friday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. and 4-5 p.m.
Advanced Technology Center (Room 212)
- Diane Metz, M.Ed, Career Connections Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-925-4167
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | Friday, 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Request a Presentation
Career Connections is happy to work with you to develop Community of Learning Expos or to present in classes at any center, either in person or via Google Hangouts or Skype. Please complete the request form.
Please allow two (2) weeks advance notice for speaker requests when possible.
A representative from Career Connections will contact you within three (3) business days of receiving this request.
ATTENTION! If you need confirmation before three (3) business days, please complete this form AND call the Career Connections Center at ext. 4054
Successful submission of this form is not a presentation confirmation. A confirmation email will arrive from a Career Connections Center Team member shortly.