Workforce Development and Training Programs at Westmoreland
Westmoreland is committed to helping area business and industry develop and maintain a skilled workforce to remain competitive in an ever-changing world.
Our Workforce Development team is comprised of dedicated professionals committed to working with your organization to identify your training needs and close the skills gap by providing you with cost-effective solutions. Additionally, the team is prepared to assist you with the process of hiring qualified employees by evaluating the skills and abilities of job candidates.
From the largest manufacturers to small shops, we are ready to work with you! Westmoreland offers:
- Flexible enrollment schedules, can be available at times that are convenient for you and your company
- Customized on-site training
- Customized training at the Advanced Technology Center with Amatrol equipment
- Customized training at Westmoreland 's seven locations
Customized and Standard Programs Available
- Industrial Technology
- Information Technology
- Healthcare, Industrial Safety & Security
- Business & Professional Development
- Manual Machining
- CNC Machining
- Automation and Robotics
- CAD/CAM programs
- AutoDesk Inventor
- Programmable Logic Control
- Blueprint Reading
- Technical Math/Shop Math
- Geometric Dimensioning/Tolerancing
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Maintenance Electricity
- PEC Safety
- General Industry
- Ropes Safety Training
- Confined Space
- Hazardous Materials
- Trench Rescue
- Personal Protective Gear
- Fall Hazards/Protection
- Hearing/Vision Protection
- Armed Intruder Training
- Aerial Platform
- Rigging Safety
- Arc Flash & Electrical Safety
- OSHA 10 & 30-Hour
- Communication Skills
- LEAN/Six Sigma
- Managing Change
- Team Building
- Coaching for Success
- Project Management
- Essentials of Leadership
- Developing Others
- Situational Leadership
- Quality Specialist Bootcamp
- Microsoft Office
- Database Programming
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cloud Computing
- Social Media for Business
Amatrol Learning System & eAssessment
In addition to instructor-led trainings, the Workforce Development team uses the Amatrol® Learning System that covers a broad array of applications including mechanical, electrical, electronics, fluid power and automation to prepare participants to perform in virtually any industrial setting. This system is equipped with computer-based fault insertion systems to track participant troubleshooting activities.
Amatrol’s eAssessment revolutionizes technical assessment and training by individually determining a learner’s skill level in specific areas. This assessment prevents training overlap, which dramatically improves training effectiveness and efficiency, reducing invested time and cost. eAssessments are available in almost 20 topics ranging from automation, green energy and lean manufacturing to process control, safety and workplace effectiveness.
Online Workforce Course Offerings
During these uncertain times, your organization needs to be at its most productive in order to remain competitive. Are you struggling to find qualified candidates who can hit the ground running? Want to upskill your staff but cannot send them offsite for training?
Westmoreland has partnered with ed2go to offer instructor-led and self-paced online workforce training courses. Complete any of these courses entirely from your home or office and at any time of the day or night. Prices start as low as $79 per course! New course sessions begin monthly. Visit our course catalog for current offerings.
Need to train your entire staff? Please contact our Workforce team for discount group packages.
100% Online Technical Training Courses
The Workforce Development Department is pleased to offer an expansion to our extension corporate training course offerings. Utilizing Amatrol's eLearning platform that includes state-of-the-art visual simulators and stunning graphics, students have the flexibility to learn in a 24/7 environment from a location that is most convenient for them.
Begin a course on your schedule! Tuition includes a 6-month access license to the Amatrol Learning Management System. View our Online Technical Training Catalog
Subject areas include:
- Automation & Industry 4.0
- Fluid Power
- Lean Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Processes
- Quality Assurance
- Workplace Effectiveness
To register for a course, please submit an online registration form.
Based on industry demand, Westmoreland is offering the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Apprenticeship program. Students can complete this four-year program in 18-week semesters held during the fall and spring.
Participants will earn their Journeyman certificate through the Department of Labor & Industry upon successful completion.
As an Apprenticeship participant, your organization can expect:
- Nearly 600 hours of industry-vetted technical instruction led by our subject matter experts,
- 2,000 hours per year of on-the-job training at a company worksite monitored by Westmoreland,
- Valuable skills gained in a wide array of technical areas such as electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics & welding, plus soft skills,
- Hands-on skills training that mimics industry processes, and
- Evening classes held once a week at Westmoreland's Advanced Technology Center in Mount Pleasant, PA.
Tuition reimbursement may be available! For additional information, please contact Lorrie Douglass, Workforce Development Coordinator, by calling 724-925-5864 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certification Testing at Westmoreland
- American Welding Society Accredited Testing Facility
- Westmoreland is one of 159 testing sites in the U.S. Our testing facility can help you write and qualify welding procedures and welders to fit your needs, or you may choose from one of more than 140 qualified or pre-qualified procedures in our library.
- EPA Refrigerant Recovery/Recycling
- American Heart Association HeartSaver First Aid/CPR/AED
- Certified Solidworks Associate (CSWA)
- Certified Solidworks Professional (CSWP)
- OSHA 10-Hour/30-Hour
- PEC SafeLand/SafeGulf
Certified Production Technician (CPT) 4.0 Program
In partnership with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC), the nation's leading industry-led training, assessment and certification organization, Westmoreland is now an authorized training provider for the Certified Production Technician (CPT) 4.0 program.
The CPT 4.0 certification addresses the core technical competencies of higher skilled Production Technicians in all sectors of manufacturing. CPT 4.0 consists of four stackable credentials with awarding of certificates to individuals who pass any of the CPT module exams.
- Production teams
- Training and leadership
- Safety organization
- Personal protective equipment
- Fire and electrical safety
- Work area safety
- Hazardous material safety
- Tool and machine safety
- Material handling safety
- Multiview drawings
- Assembly drawings and fasteners
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Basic measurement
- Precision measurement tools
- Dimensional gauging
- Quality systems
- Introduction to SPC
- Control charts
- Continuous improvement
- Mechanical principles
- Mechanical linkages
- Gear drives
- Machining processes
- Machine tooling
- Machine operations
- Equipment procedures
- Production planning and workflow
- Production control
- Basic electrical circuits
- Electrical measurement and power
- Pneumatic power systems
- Basic pneumatic circuits
- Principles of pressure and flow
- Lubrication concepts
- Bearings and couplings
- Belt and chain drives
- Machine control concepts, automation and operation modes
- Electrical motor control
CPT 4.0 is a national industry certification accredited under ISO 17024 (Personnel Certification) and endorsed by the National Association of Manufacturers.
Employer benefits for the Certified Production Technician 4.0 program include:
- Create an internal pipeline of skilled employees.
- Decrease recruitment costs by providing job candidates with industry-recognized credentials.
- Attract, motivate and retain qualified employees.
Employee benefits to the CPT 4.0 certification include:
- Improved understanding of new technologies.
- Increased productivity.
- Protable Nationally accredited and Federally recognized credential.
Coming Soon: CPT 4.0+ compliments the full Certified Production Technician 4.0 credential by validating that an individual has the comprehensive technical knowledge and hands-on skills needed to be a qualified Production Technician.
For additional information:
Judy DeWitt, Workforce Development Coordinator
WEDnetPA Training Reimbursement Grant
Westmoreland County Community College is a proud partner with the Workforce & Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA). Qualified companies can receive up to $2,000 for Job Skills Training per eligible employee. The beauty of this program is that it is completely Employer-driven....you have the freedom to choose the training method(s) that best suits your organization's needs.
To find out if your company qualifies for the WEDnetPA Grant, contact our Workforce Development team at email@example.com
Workforce Development Staff