Prepare for an Exciting Career in Baking
Westmoreland offers a degree and a diploma in Baking and Pastry. This curriculum is designed to prepare students for various positions in the baking industry.
What Will I Learn?
The program of study provides students with skills necessary for
the production of a wide range of bakery products, including:
- Yeast rolls, breads, pies, tarts, cookies, doughnuts
and frozen desserts based on local, regional and international
traditions and diversity
- Cakes, cookies and centerpieces
- Pastry items and confectionery items
This program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation
Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC).
- View the Baking and Pastry, AAS in the College Catalog
- View the Baking and Pastry Diploma in the College Catalog
Graduates of the baking and pastry program may accept positions as: pastry cook, pastry chef, executive pastry chef, baker, cake decorator, baking sales representative, institutional baker/ pastry chef, retail baker/pastry chef, wholesale baker/pastry chef, production supervisor, food batch maker, operations manager, sales representative or training specialist.
Program Outcomes and Success Measures
Baking/Pastry, AAS (Apprenticeship & Non)
- Student graduation rate: 44%
- Student job placement rate: 93%
- Students eligible to obtain ACF certification by graduation: 2
- Student graduation rate: 16.7%
- Student job placement rate: 100%
- Students eligible to obtain ACF certification by graduation: None