Make a Difference - Become a Nurse Aide
Nurse aides are in high demand in our region. The Nurse Aide program at Westmoreland County Community College will put you on the path to possible full-time employment and a rewarding career.
What Are the Job Duties of a Nurse Aide?
- Accurately measures, records and reports residents vital signs
- Report needs and changes in the resident’s condition
- Monitor and document the resident’s intake and output
- Feed and assist residents with nutritional intake
- Assist resident with range of motion exercises
- Measures, records and reports resident pain
- Provides a safe client environment
- Assist residents with hygiene and grooming needs
- Transfer and assist residents with ambulation and mobility needs
- Employment in nursing homes, hospitals, rehabilitation facilities and home health care
- Job growth projected to increase 11% from 2016 to 2026
- Projected annual openings are 2,708
- Entry-level wage: $23,420
- Mean wage:$29,190
- Experienced: $32,070
- 128 hours of training
- 72 hours of lecture/lab
- 56 hours at a clinical site
- Program meets the mandates of the federal government (via OBRA)
- Training completed within 8-9 weeks
- Instructors approved by Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Program offered fall, spring and summer semesters
- Preparation for National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) exam
- There are no currrent classes scheduled. Please check back for updates.
- Read the Fact Sheet included with the Nurse Aide Application Packet for instructions to complete each document of the application.
- Send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Westmoreland County Community College
145 Pavilion Lane
Youngwood, PA 15967
If you prefer hard copies of forms, send an email with your name, address and phone number to Robin Williams at email@example.com or call 724.925.4107.
- Attend all classes – lecture/lab and clinical
- Achieve 80% on exams
- Be able to do heavy lifting (verified by your physical exam)
- Show evidence of liability insurance prior to the first day of clinical
- Perform all the skills on the clinical performance records
- Wear identification that clearly states you are a trainee - provided by Westmoreland