American Heart Association Courses
The AHA has purposely developed instructional material to promote knowledge of and proficiency in CPR. Although these CPR courses are not sponsored by an AHA component, some or all materials utilized by faculty or students may be AHA materials supplied on a cost basis. Any fees charged for these courses do not represent income to the AHA. The AHA requires students to purchase appropriate CPR textbooks prior to class.
- Material fees are subject to change based on a potential increase in course cards.
- Unless otherwise noted, classes are for ages 18 and older.
Precourse Requirements for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Full Course and Renewal
- Complete Precourse Self-Assessment. Access found at https://elearning.heart.org/course/423 (ACLS) or https://elearning.heart.org/course/427 (PALS), bring certificate with you to class. A passing score is 70% or above. You can take the Precourse Self-Assessment as many times as needed to achieve a passing score. (ACLS and PALS)
- Review and understand information in the Provider Manual.
- Review and understand the information in your PALS Provider Manual. Pay attention to the systematic approach to pediatric assessment, the evaluate-identify-intervene sequence and the management of respiratory and circulatory abnormalities. (PALS)
- Be familiar with the PALS algorithms and flowcharts so you can apply them to clinical scenarios. (PALS)
- A current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers CPR card must be presented for admittance to class. (ACLS and PALS)
- A current ACLS or PALS completion card is required for admittance in a renewal class. (ACLS and PALS)
- The link for ACLS is https://shopcpr.heart.org/courses/acls?aha_product_type=97
- The link for PALS is https://shopcpr.heart.org/courses/pals?aha_product_type=97
- The link for BLS is https://shopcpr.heart.org/courses/bls?aha_product_type=97
- The link for Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED is https://shopcpr.heart.org/all-products?aha_product_type=97&associated_course=111
- The link for Heartsaver CPR/AED is https://shopcpr.heart.org/all-products?aha_product_type=97&associated_course=112
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Renewal
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Renewal
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS/HCP) Instructor Course
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS/HCP): Adult/Child/Infant
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS/HCP) Renewal
Heartsaver CPR AED Adult & Child & Infant CPR
Heartsaver First Aid: Adult/Child AED & CPR & Infant CPR
Click here for course descriptions and registration.
For more information about Health Care and Emergency Services classes, contact the Information Center at 724-925-4000 or infocenterFREEWESTMORELAND.